- Assessment of exposure to and excretion of toxic metals and elements
- Monitor natural route of heavy metal elimination
- Analysis of elements in feces provides important information about the potential for toxic metal burden.
- For many heavy metals, fecal (bleary) excretion is the primary natural route of elimination from the body.
- Efficiency of oral absorption of toxic metals varies considerably; therefore fecal elemental analysis also provides a direct indication of dietary exposure.
Specimen collection is convenient for the patient and only requires a single-step procedure